2022 Goosetown Softball in Anaconda, MT

I took along my equipment and spent several hours taking photographs. I hit a several games on Sunday and one or two on Saturday. I had around 2,300 photos. I filtered that down to about 650 photos. Then I took about 65 photos from that filtered set. Those 65 photos are here after some minor cropping to bring attention to the details in the photos I wanted.

The other ~590 photos that remain from that first filtered set are available — unedited on another website: http://softballteams.org/2022goosetown/

Feel free to download and edit any of the photos. I only ask that you give credit back to me (Scotty Anderson) for the photos.

I also spent some extra time getting photos of a softball buddy, Mike Flink, who said he is hanging up the bat after this year. I tried to get a handful of time and him with his son who play softball together.

High School Football – Pullman vs Toppenish – Sept. 10, 2021

Friday was a big day for me as a photographer. I started with doing photos at Chief Jim Krouse’s funeral. He died in the line of duty fighting a wildland fire near Colfax.

That evening I was in Pullman to shoot the first game of the 2021 football season. Pullman had a tough time playing against Toppenish High School. Toppenish has a top-ten wide receiver who had more than 200 yards receiving. Congratulations to that young man, Jason Grant.

Pullman got out to an early lead scoring their only touchdown while the score was zeros. After that it was all Toppenish. In fact, as I was going through my photos I found many more showed Toppenish in the favorable light. I was able to pick around 35 photos to display. I had more than 1,000 photos to choose from.

The way I started to shoot photos last year, with the camera on high resolution JPG and no RAW increased the number of photos I take by almost 100%. I also like my other settings, such as Auto ISO, which have helped me get high quality photos, overall. I went into more depth in a previous post. Unless I learn something better I think I will be keeping the settings.

Due to the weather it was a light misty-rain when I arrived, I wasn’t sure if I was going to get photos. As it turned out there was no rain to speak of once kick-off happened. But due to the worry about the rain I only had one camera with me. These all were shot with the Canon 6D with the Canon EF 70-200 f/2.8 lens.

Funeral For Colfax Fire Chief Jim Krouse



COLFAX—Longtime Colfax Fire Chief Jim Krouse, who had served as Colfax chief for 40 years and a volunteer in Colfax for 52 years, died from an apparent heart attack Saturday afternoon while responding to his fourth call of the day.

Krouse was responding around 3 pm to a wildfire on Green Hollow Road and was pulling hose at the fire scene when he collapsed.

Colfax ambulance quickly responded and emergency medical care was given to Krouse on the scene and immediately transported to Whitman Medical Center in Colfax. Asst Chief Craig Corbeill, who responded with the ambulance, said physicians worked on the former chief but they were not able to revive him.

Crews from around the Palouse, who were helping Colfax with the wildfire, included District 12, District 11, Steptoe, Albion, Palouse, Colfax city and rural departments managed to control the wildfire and extinguish the blaze.

Word quickly spread of Krouse’s passing and when the crews were finished they assembled at Whitman Medical Center and started the procession with the ambulance, that carried Krouse’s body, draped in an American flag, to the Bruning Funeral Home escorted by Whitman County Sheriff’s Department and the Washington State Patrol.

Chief Michael Chapman met with his firefighters at the fire station, many of whom served with Krouse for a number of years, to help them debrief from the situation and to share stories about the former chief.

Chapman said his department was grateful for the compassionate and excellent work of the Whitcom emergency dispatchers during the fire, many of whom had taken radio calls from Krouse over the years.
Chapman said there will be a critical incident debriefing in the next 24-72 hours for those on the scene today and those who served with Krouse for some of those 52 years.

Corbeill said that “Krouse was like a kid in a candy store” when he was making his fourth run today, driving a water tender to the Green Hollow Road fire. Krouse who served as Colfax Chief from 1972 to 2010, followed his father, Earl, who was chief prior to Jim.

When the word got out to other fire districts of the passing of Krouse, Pullman fire responded with Asst Chief Ryan Scharnhorst and an ambulance to help Colfax on their calls.

Shortly after arriving, Pullman responded to one medic call in Colfax. Because there was a fatality with this wildfire, Pullman sent fire marshal Chris Wehrung and asst fire marshal Tony Nuttman to investigate the fire scene and to help determine the cause. At the time of this release, Nuttman, who is serving as the lead investigator, said the cause remains under investigation.

Arrangements for Chief Krouse are pending at the Bruning Funeral Home in Colfax.